[Spambayes] SpamBayes for Outlook

Herb Martin HerbM at learnquick.com
Tue Aug 16 01:48:32 CEST 2005

> Scooby, if you think you see this happening again (I'm sure
> I've never seen it occur), please forward the offending
> message to one of us.  If you can't identify a specific
> message, then no, sorry, there's really nothing we can check.
>  The Outlook API functions SB uses "should"
> never open an attachment.

And please allow me to add:  When you forward such a message
they really need it forwarded as an ATTACHMENT so that the
entire message with all of it's own parts and attachments
will remain intact and unmodified.

This is not the same as forwarding the message as a regular
text by merely selecting it (in Outlook) and hitting Ctrl-F.

The odd behavior of Outlook to control-F is that when one
message is forwarded in this manner it does so as an ordinary
(new) text message.

If you select 2+ messages they get added to a new message
as attachments when you hit Ctrl-F.

(There is a laborious way to get a single message attached
to another message but the easy way follows...)

Select two messages, the one you wish to forward first and
any other message (the next one) second.  Press Ctrl-F.
Remove the extra (second) message edit the containing
message text to explain....and send.

--
Herb Martin