[Spambayes] Outlook; out of office reply

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 16 08:39:04 CEST 2005

> Does SpamBayes get control over the incoming mail
> message prior to Outlook's processing of out-of-office
> assistant?

SpamBayes deliberately processes mail *after* all Outlook rules.  I think
(but am not 100%) that this includes the out-of-office rule (if you are
using Exchange, and use the server-side out-of-office, then it certainly
runs first).

> In other words, if I turn on the assistant, will replies
> go out to spam-certain and spam-maybe mail?  I believe
> Outlook's junk mail works this way.  I am referring to
> Outlook 2003.

Unless anyone else pipes up, the only way to know for sure is to try it, but
I believe so.  SpamBayes 1.1a1 includes the ability to move ham to a folder,
which effectively lets you run rules after SpamBayes, but I'm not sure that
you can set the out-of-office assistant to answer only mail arriving in a
certain folder.

=Tony.Meyer