[Spambayes] Use of WebInterface possible in Procmail Mode ?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Aug 19 21:24:38 CEST 2005

[Florian]
> we want to use spambayes in Procmail Mode ( so that every User can decide
> to use spambayes or not ).
> Spambayes will run on the Mailserver itself.
> Is it possible to use the Webinterface ( together with our old, globally
> "hammie.db" ) , too ?

I believe this is possible, although I've never done it myself.  There's a
script called sb_upload.py which can act as a procmail recipe and upload
mail to the web interface.  So you can use sb_filter.py and sb_upload.py
together, one to classify messages and the other to upload them to the web
interface for training.

Does that sound like what you're after?

I guess you'd run the web interface on the same machine as the mail
server, and then the two could share the same database.  I'm not sure
whether that might cause conflicts - hopefully someone who's used this
system (or the guy that wrote it - Skip, are you there?) will confirm or
deny that...

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com