[Spambayes] Help with contrib/tte.py

skip@pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Dec 2 12:57:21 CET 2005

    Remi> I'm trying to modify the tte.py to be able to train on an Maildir

    Remi> What I can't solve now is how can I get only the read messages
    Remi> since this will be run by a cron job at night and new mail
    Remi> (possibly spam) could have been received between the launch of the
    Remi> cron and my last look at my emails.

Remi,

I'm the tte guy, but I know nothing about manipulating Maildir boxes.  Have
you looked at the code in scripts/sb_mboxtrain.py?  It has a couple options
that work with Maildirs and has a maildir_train function.  Also, look at
msg_train.  It avoids retraining messages that were previously trained.
That code might give you some clues to selecting read messages (I would
think there would be some indication in the message headers that the message
was already read).

Skip