[Spambayes] Weird Behavior

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Dec 17 10:34:19 CET 2005

> I did a reply to all as instructed...
> Hope I did this correctly.....

Yes, thanks :)

> Attached is the current log file.
[log with DB_RUNRECOVERY errors]

> The log file was created directly after attempting to mark messages as
> "spam" and as "recover from spam"
>
> It appears that the database is becoming corrupt, at least from
> what I can
> tell in the log file.....

Unfortunately, yes, this is the case, the database is corrupt.  We're
not really sure what still causes these occasional corruption
problems (but have switched to a different database system for the
upcoming 1.1).

Unfortunately, the only solution is to retrain from scratch (since
SpamBayes learns quickly, this doesn't hurt that much - many users
retrain from scratch periodically anyway).  Either delete the two
database files:

'C:\Documents and Settings\jamesg\Application Data\SpamBayes
\default_bayes_database.db'
'C:\Documents and Settings\jamesg\Application Data\SpamBayes
\default_message_database.db'

Or use the "Training" tab of the SpamBayes Manager, ticking the
"Rebuild entire database" box.

=Tony.Meyer