[Spambayes] Duplicate messages handled differently...?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Feb 2 03:21:30 CET 2005

> I do not believe that it is a rule problem:
>
> I have only one rule, and that moves messages from a particular
> address to their own folder. None of the messages with which I have
> had problems have that return address.

Ok, we can rule that out.

> But, you mentioned another instance of SpamBayes:
>
> I have two systems that read the same Outlook PST file (using Public
> Outlook). Each of those systems had an instance of SpamBayes. On the
> local machine SpamBayes sorted incoming messages, and it was on the
> local machine that I had the problem described below.
>
> The remote machine's instance of SpamBayes was used (only very rarely)
> to train on messages that were incorrectly sorted on the local
> machine.
>
> Though I understand nothing about the mechanism of potential
> interference, there is that possibility.

These two aren't accessing the same SpamBayes database at the same time are
they?  This wouldn't result in this problem, but could lead to database
corruption.

> I have left SpamBayes on the remote machine, but have disabled it by
> un-checking.
>
> I will run that way to see if it eliminates the problem I have been
> having.

I'm not sure what might be happening, but this certainly does sound like a
good candidate for the cause of the problem.  You could have a look at the
SpamBayes log for the remote machine and see if it is moving any messages.

=Tony.Meyer