[Spambayes] Running Spambayes 1.0.3 on Windows NT

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 3 00:08:26 CET 2005

[David Billman]
> I am running Window NT 1.0 (Build 1381, Service Pack 6)
> and Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821).
> When I start OUTLOOK, the Spambayes Addin does not load.
[...]
> I was running version 1.0.1.
[...]

[Tony Meyer]
>> Thanks for this - it helps to narrow down to a particular set of
versions.
>> (NT is notoriously problematic, so it could be specific to that, maybe).

[Taed Wynnell]
> Well, I think this report cinches it.  Since my identical problem
> (the "Outlook Toolbars don't work" thread) is also on a system
> which is WinNT 4.0 SP 6a plus hotfixes, but I have Microsoft Outlook
> 2002 SP 3 plus hotfixes, so the commonality is WinNT.
>
> Note that for both of us, 1.01 worked fine, and the problem started
> in 1.02/1.03.  Our log files are also identical.

Yes, it looks pretty certain.  The problem here will either be with the
pywin32 extensions (there was a build in the past of those that caused
things to fail with NT) or with Python 2.4, since those are the changes from
1.0.1->1.0.2/3.

I'll look into this when I have a chance - for the moment NT users can
continue to use 1.0.1 (for Outlook, there are barely any changes anyway).
However, it's pretty certain that 1.1 will run into this too, so I'll need
to figure something out before releasing that.

I opened this tracker for the bug:

[ 1115105 ] Binary will not work with NT
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1115105&group_id=6
1702&atid=498103>

=Tony.Meyer