[Spambayes] statistics problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 3 02:53:00 CET 2005

> I do some training in spambayes, but every time I restart
> spambayes, the training statistics is reset to zero:
> Emails classified this session: 0 spam, 0 ham, 0 unsure.
> Total emails trained: Spam: 0 Ham: 0
>
> Database has no training information. SpamBayes will classify
> all messages as 'unsure', ready for you to train.

You're using sb_server, is that right?  (If not, please let us know which
SpamBayes application you are using).  I'm also assuming Windows (again, if
not, please let us know).

The training information is stored in a file in your "Application Data"
directory.  (With XP this is '\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application
Data\SpamBayes\Proxy', with other versions it will differ slightly).  There
are two relevant files - hammie.db (training) and spambayes.messageinfo.db
(various other data).  You can check to see that those files are being
written, and that nothing else is removing them.

You could also check that your configuration file is always loading from the
same place.  The path to the configuration file is at the top of all the web
interface configuration pages.

=Tony.Meyer