[Spambayes] IMAP + Two computers running SpamBayes in Outlook

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 3 22:53:19 CET 2005

> I have a questing about running SpamBayes (Outlook 2000) on
> two different computers with IMAP access to the mail server.

Access to the same folders, I presume?

> Will both instances of
> SpamBayes be trained when clicking Delete As Spam/Recover From Spam?

If "incremental training" is enabled (Training tab in the SpamBayes
Manager), then yes, they should be.

The copy of SpamBayes that has Delete As/Recover From clicked will train the
message and then move it, see that there's a new message (in the spam
folder), check to see if it needs training, and find that it doesn't.  The
other copy will see that there's a new message (in the spam folder), check
to see if it needs training, and find that it does.

Well, that's the theory, anyway.  It would be simple enough to try it out...

=Tony.Meyer