[Spambayes] ImportError on new install

Nick Fankhauser nickf at doxpop.com
Tue Feb 8 16:32:13 CET 2005

Hi-

I've used sb_impafilter.py with excellent results on my older windows PC for several months, but recently got a new windows PC and after downloding a fresh copy of Python24 & Spambayes source, I'm getting an error:

C:\Program Files\spambayes-1.0.3\scripts>c:\python24\python sb_imapfilter.py -b
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sb_imapfilter.py", line 119, in ?
    from spambayes.Options import options, get_pathname_option
ImportError: No module named spambayes.Options

I'm a reasonably savvy computer user, but completely new to python, so I may need to be spoon-fed a bit on the Python end.

The only oddity I can think of is that this PC came with Python22 already installed, so I suppose there may be a system path for Python that is confusing matters.

Thanks!
    -Nick Fankhauser