[Spambayes] How to configure for multiple IMAP accounts?

Christopher rasch crasch at openknowledge.org
Sun Feb 13 11:11:18 CET 2005

Hi,

I have three separate IMAP accounts (two for work, one personal).  I
was wondering how I could set up separate SpamBayes configuration files
for each account.  According to the documentation this should be
possible:

"If you use more than one server, then things are a bit more
complicated for you at the moment, sorry. You will need to have
multiple instances of the imap filter running, each with a different
server (and possibly username and password) value. You can do this if
you have a different configuration file for each instance, but you'll
have to do it by hand for the moment. Please let the mailing list know
if you are in this situation so that we can consider coming up with a
better solution."

But I'm not sure how to tell each instance where to find the
appropriate config file.  I'm also wondering if each instance can use
the same hammie.db and spambayes.messageinfo.db, or if each one needs a
separate version of each.

Thanks in advance for any informtion you may wish to provide.

Chris