[Spambayes] email with message contradictuous content

Xavier Poirier xpoirier at ch-bourg01.fr
Mon Feb 14 09:53:05 CET 2005

En réponse à Tony Meyer <tameyer at ihug.co.nz>:

Thanks Tony for your quick reply.
I will try to train theses type of email as spam, and see what happen ...
Have a nice day

Xavier

> > Seems my message got no anwser ...
>
> It's forth on my list of ones to do.  It's a busy time at
> moment.
>
> > some email messages (evidently spam) have this structure
> (One example
> > received this morning) - The last part of the message
> contains some
> > words completly mixed hasardous :
> [...]
> > I don't want to add these message in the database of
> SpamBayes cause I
> > think there can be words in the last part of message that I
> don't want
> > to STOP!We receive this type of message more and more often
>
> > these days...
> >
> > I don't know if this as been discuted here before, and if
> there is an
> > answer for stopping these type of emails messages?
>
> This sort of thing is commonly called "word salad".  If you
> continue
> training on the messages as normal (i.e. just unsures and
> mistakes) it
> shouldn't effect classification results at all.  Many of these
> words will
> have never been seen in ham, so will be correctly spammy, and
> those that
> have will just be less strongly ham.  A ham message should
> easily have
> enough ham clues to still be classified correctly.
>
> All in all, it's not really a problem.  If you actually find
> that you're
> getting classification errors as a result, please send us a
> copy of the spam
> clues for a message that gets incorrectly classified (before
> training).
>
> =Tony.Meyer
>
> --
> Please always include the list (spambayes at python.org) in your
> replies
> (reply-all), and please don't send me personal mail about
> SpamBayes.
> http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tameyer/writing/reply_all.html
> explains this.

*****       Xavier Poirier          *****
***     Technicien Informatique       ***
* Centre Hospitalier de Bourg en Bresse *
*         Tel : 04 74 45 41 17          *
***       eFax : 04 74 23 04 53       ***
***** mailto:xpoirier at ch-bourg01.fr *****