[Spambayes] Review page in Firefox

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Feb 14 09:56:45 CET 2005

> The review page http://localhost:8880/review works
> differently in Firefox than it does in IE :-(

True.  (Any page with a form will).

> In IE 6, I noticed that if I change some of the radio buttons
> from their default settings (change some Unsure to to Spam, some
> Ham to Spam, etc) and scroll down the page somewhat, then click
> on the subject line of (any) message to read it, when I come
> back (click the back button or press Alt-Left) I return to the
> same place on the screen (scrolled to the same
> point) and all the same radio buttons are still set.
[...]
> Grrrr. Please don't tell me there's something IE does better
> than Firefox.
> Can't be. Please...

Sorry, but it is.  (Possibly the Firefox people will tell you that their
behaviour is more correct.  But whatever).

There's an open bug report about this:

[ 915466 ] Sorting review page loses classifications

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=915466&group_id=61
702&atid=498103>

And this feature request is related:

[ 993679 ] Remember place on review page when viewing message
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=993679&group_id=61
702&atid=498106>

For the moment, if you center-click and open the message in a new tab
(there's your Firefox advantage for you) that should work.  Setting messages
(and the clues/tokens list) to open in a new window would work, but people
tend to dislike pages that open other pages in new windows.  Maybe some
funky javascript stuff could do it.  Just haven't had time to get to it,
really.  I will at some point.

=Tony.Meyer