[Spambayes] Key error

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Feb 15 04:59:18 CET 2005

> I'm getting the following error when I run sb_server.py.
[...]
> Here's the error:
> rcook at Richs-Computer (Downloads): sb_server.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]
>    File
> "/sw/src/root-python23-2.3.4-2/sw/lib/python2.3/pickle.py", line
> 872, in load
>      dispatch[key](self)
> KeyError: '\x00'

SpamBayes is unable to load the messageinfo database pickle.  Either the
pickle is bad (which is rare - but something like a crash during training
could cause it) or it's trying to open something that isn't a pickle as a
pickle (e.g. the persistent_storage_name points to a bsddb db, but
persistent_use_database is set to pickle).

Either of these sound right?  If the former, then just delete the
messageinfo pickle.  If the later, then either the name or the use_database
option needs to be changed (or, again, remove the existing file).

=Tony.Meyer