[Spambayes] Local admin rights

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Feb 16 23:52:25 CET 2005

> Is there a way to install spambayes 1.0.3.exe on
> computers w/o local admin rights?

If you're wanting to install anything other than the Outlook plug-in, then
all you should need is the ability to copy the files somewhere (if you want
the tray app to run on startup, then you'll also need write access to the
user's startup items folder, of course).

If you want to install the Outlook plug-in, then IIRC the only registry
write access needed is in HKEY_LOCAL_USER.  This is required (without it
Outlook has no way of knowing about the plug-in), but would typically be
available to any level of user, I would think.

=Tony.Meyer