[Spambayes] get you pop-up off my decktop page

Seth Goodman sethg at GoodmanAssociates.com
Sat Feb 19 00:51:09 CET 2005

If there is a pop-up ad claiming to be for SpamBayes, it is possible that it
is bogus and/or dangerous.  On the other hand, if it is really offering
SpamBayes for sale, that's a pity since anyone can download the latest
executables _and_ source code for free.  See for yourself at
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/index.html

As Tony mentioned, this is an open-source, free to the public application
written and supported by an unaffiliated group of individual developers.
There are no revenues and thus no money to advertise nor even pay
developers.  Would it be possible to send a screen-shot that shows the ad?
Better yet would be to see the HTML source code for the ad so we can figure
out who is responsible.

--

Seth Goodman

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]On
Behalf Of JOHNDOLPAT at aol.com
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 5:36 PM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] get you pop-up off my decktop page

Your marketing with spam pop-ups is obnoxious. To do something so pushy and
invasive is not the earmark of a reputable company. Get your crummy add off
my decktop page!!! Hell will freeze over before I will click "yes" to your
rotten ad which confronts me 24/7. Just drop dead, but get your stinking ad
off my desk top page before you do!