[Spambayes] Using a different 'application data' folder

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jan 2 02:31:43 CET 2005

> For some reason, the /documents and settings/Dylan/application
> data/spambayes folder is locked, and I cannot delete it.

What happens if you try?  What is the exact error message that you receive?
SpamBayes does nothing to lock this folder in any way - the only way that
SpamBayes would be preventing deletion would be if it was still using files
in the folder (and if Outlook is completely shut down, then that will not be
the case).

> Every time I boot outlook, it asks me for settings again, because
> it cannot write the settings to the folder.

This sounds like a Windows problem.  Are you logged in as 'Dylan' and not
someone else?  Do you have appropriate Windows permissions?

> How can I either remove this folder so it will work again,

If Outlook is shut down completely, then SpamBayes isn't stopping you, so
you'll have to figure out how to get the necessary Windows permissions to do
so.

> or make it use an alternate application data folder?

Please see FAQ 3.14:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-can-i-change-the-directory-that-spambayes
-stores-my-data-in>