[Spambayes] Changing mail client to connect to "localhost"

Mark Ramras ramras at neu.edu
Sun Jan 2 23:21:10 CET 2005

Still in trouble!  Here's what I've done.
    1)  Right clicked on SB Icon Tray and chose "Configure".
    2)  In POP3 Proxy Options:
            Remote Servers:  filled in "pop3.lepton.neu.edu"
            SpamBayes Ports:  110
            SMTP Proxy Options:  left blank
    3)  In Outlook Express, for the incoming POP3 mail server, replaced
"pop3.lepton.neu.edu" with "localhost".

        When I then ask Outlook Express to "receive all", I get an error
message:
"The connection to the server has failed.  Account:  lepton.neu.edu.
Server: 'localhost' ."

Mark  (Baffled in Boston)