[Spambayes] Is it working?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 3 05:15:18 CET 2005

> Installed sb_server version of SpamBayes and it accepts
> training but I don't think it is checking my emails?

Have you setup Outlook Express to connect to localhost instead of your mail
server?

1. Open Outlook Express
2. Choose "Accounts" from the "Tools" menu
3. Double-click the appropriate account
4. Click the "Servers" tab
5. Change the incoming mail server name to "localhost" (no quotes)

Note that for Outlook Express you will also have to use the "notate to" or
"notate subject" options on the SpamBayes configuration page (e.g. tick the
"Spam" and "Unsure" boxes in "Notate Subject").