[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] sb_mboxtrain.py trashes some pine mailboxes interpreting them as only one message

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 4 03:19:46 CET 2005

> sb_mboxtrain.py trashes some pine
> mailboxes interpreting them as only one message
> Then leaving only the first message behind.
> Is this a known problem?
[...]
> It appears that this happens when an older form of email is in the
> folder that might not have the appropriate headers.
> like this:
> > ^?^?    (Fwd) Re: (Fwd) Re: Relationships Gone Sour: Divorce?
> >
> > From @uga.cc.uga.edu:owner-crm-l at EMUVM1.CC.EMORY.EDU T

This sounds like:

[ 741250 ] mboxtrain can truncate your mailbox
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=741250&group_id=61
702&atid=498103>

(Although I don't use sb_mboxtrain, so can't be sure).

If you agree, then you could either create a patch for this yourself, or add
a comment to the tracker encouraging Skip to do so (since he indicated (some
time ago) that he might).