[Spambayes] Changing mail client to connect to "localhost"

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 4 05:38:04 CET 2005

> But in Outlook Express, after changing my incoming
> pop3 server from "lepton.neu.edu" to "localhost" and clicking
> on Send and Receive, I get the following error message:
>         "The connection to the server has failed. Account
> 'lepton.neu.edu',
> Server:              'localhost', Protocol POP 3, Port 995,
> Secure (SSL):
> Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:  0x800CC0E"

Ah - SpamBayes 1.0.x doesn't support POP3 proxying over SSL, unfortunately.
There's a feature request for it open:

[ 753708 ] Support POP over SSL
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=753708&group_id=61
702&atid=498106>

As it happens, I was working on this yesterday.  It looks like it'll be done
for 1.1, but until then, if you want to use the Spambayes POP3 proxy, you
have to turn SSL off (Advanced tab in the Outlook Express mail account
properties).

> I should also mention that SpamBayes Web Interface has
> received no messages.
> (But I guess that's to be expected, given the problem above.)

Yes, it is.

=Tony.Meyer