[Spambayes] Anti Phishing suggestion

Katz, Amir Amir_Katz at bmc.com
Wed Jan 5 23:19:20 CET 2005

It's an excellent idea, but I think that it's beyond the scope of SpamBayes
per se. SB does not make any check of the data in the message, nor to the
validity, truthfulness or legality of any claims therein.

I think that the right solution would be another tool that will work like SB
(an Outlook plug-in) which will add a button, "Check Phishiness" and will do
what you suggest, displaying a phishiness score and would let the user
decide what to do ("Delete as phish" or "do nothing").

On the proxy solution, maybe the same code will be hosted by the proxy, but
will be invoked before or after SB filter, and will add its own annotation
to the mail with 'Phish alert', so POP3/IMPA users will just need to add
another filter rule for those.

Just my $0.02 (not being a developer of SB, just a devoted user & spreading
the SB gospel)

Amir