[Spambayes] Re: a neat feature

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jan 7 04:45:11 CET 2005

> I did think of a feature that would be nice to add.
> I seem to get around every couple of minutes along office
> emails. I wan't to respond to the email alerts but spam
> and goo emails make the same sound.
> It would be neat to add another sound when the email is
> moved to suspected or bad directories so I know I don't
> need to check what that last email was.

There is a "notification sound" feature implemented for the 1.1 release,
which should do what you want.  I believe the current explaination of how it
will work is:

"""
After a batch of messages is
received, a sound is played according to the "most
interesting" classification of messages received.  If any good messages
were received then the good sound is played.  If there were no good
messages, but there were unsure messages, then the unsure sound is
played.  If only spam messages were received then the spam sound is
played.

Any of the sound file options can be left empty if you do not want to
play a sound for that message classification.  For example:  if you only
want SpamBayes to notify you for unsure or spam messages then configure
notify_ham_sound to an empty string (the default value).  In this case,
good messages will actually be ignored in the check for most interesting
message classification, so the unsure or spam sound will be played even
if good messages were received.  There is currently no way to configure
for "do not play a sound if any good messages are received, but play a
sound if only unsure or spam messages were received.
"""