[Spambayes] possible bug with spambayes?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jan 7 04:55:16 CET 2005

> My outlook connects to the mailserver every 3 mins to look for mails
(POP3).
> No problem at all.
>
> But when I switch on the computer in the morning maybe 50 mails arrive the
> same time.
> In this case, there is NO spamfiltering! All spam remains in the inbox.
[...]
> A log file attached.
[In the log]
> The timer is enabled, but one of the timer intervals values is zero
> You must set both intervals before the timer will enable

I suspect that this is the problem.  Open the SpamBayes Manager dialog and
go to the Advanced tab.  Set the timer values to non-zero, and see if that
solves it.  IIRC, 1.0 won't let you enter zero values (or maybe that's
planned for 1.1 - I can't recall exactly) which avoids this.