[Spambayes] problems with availability spambayes for all users

Kenny Pitt kenny.pitt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 18:44:18 CET 2005

Tony Meyer wrote:
>> I have found something on your troubleshooting pages,
>> but I cannot execute the command as stated below.
>>
>>    "c:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin_register.exe"
>> hkey_local_machine
>>

>> Could you please let me know how and what I should do? I
>> understand I have to change the path accordingly, but that
>> is where my understanding stops. We are working with Outlook
>> 2003 in combination with Exchange.
>
> 1. Open a Command Prompt window (e.g. Start->Run->cmd.exe or
> Windows-R)
> 2. Type in the command above, modifying the path if necessary.
>   (This does the work, and IIRC you get a little messagebox telling
> you that it was done).
> 3. Close the Command Prompt window.

An additional note just in case:  be aware that the double-quotes in the
command are significant.  Because "Program Files" has a space in it, you
MUST surround the entire command name with quotes.  Otherwise, you'll get an
error something like:

"""
'c:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
"""

--
Kenny Pitt