[Spambayes] Training oddity/confusion

Mathew Hendry TJLWBECGSGWU at spammotel.com
Sat Jan 8 14:43:53 CET 2005

I was experimenting with training last night (Outlook plugin v1.01) and
noticed something odd: sometimes, when I trained a single message as spam
and then ran a filtering pass over the whole spam collection, a few other
spams ended up with a lower score than before.

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding how the classifier works, but
shouldn't train-as-spam increase spam token counts and thus make all
messages containing those tokens appear more spammy, and have no effect on
those that don't?

Confusedly,

-- Mat.