[Spambayes] question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 10 00:17:37 CET 2005

> is there a way to port my ham/spam settings from one
> machine to another?  I would like to export my settings
> e.g. from my work machine to my home machine.

If by settings you mean the configuration, then:
  If you are using the Outlook plug-in:
    You can copy the {profile name}.ini file in your SpamBayes data
directory to the other machine.  However, it's unlikely this is much use -
you'll have to reselect the filter/unsure/spam folders, as the ids will
differ (unless, maybe, they are all on the same Exchange server).  Apart
from that, there are hardly any settings, and it would be easier to just
redo any choices.

  If you are using a different SpamBayes application:
    You can copy the configuration file - the web interface configuration
pages have the path to the file at the top of the page.  Simply copy it to
the corresponding place on the other machine.

If by settings you mean the training, then:
  If you are using the Outlook plug-in:
    Please see FAQ 3.6:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#can-i-share-move-my-training-data-from-one-co
mputer-to-another>

  If you are using a different SpamBayes application:
    The configuration page on the web interface lists the 'message info' and
training database paths.  Simply copy these to the corresponding places on
the other machine.