[Spambayes] Re: a neat feature

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 10 00:33:10 CET 2005

[Rémy Hessels]
> I've read in your web site that you're working on v1.1 that
> includes a localization ( french localization is in my interest )

That's correct, and the French localization is soaring ahead, so looks
certain to be done - it should definitely be in 1.1a1.

> and I saw in the CVS tree and your forums that some work about
> that as been done.
> However , have you plan any release date for this version, or
> can you tell me approximatively when it should be ?

[Jim Brooks]
> When will 1.1 be out, I just updated and the latest is 1.01.

It's hard to be certain, because everything depends on volunteer time, which
can be unexpectedly reduced.  However, assuming that I am the release
manager for 1.0.2 and the first 1.1 (which is probably a reasonable guess),
then my best guess would be:

  1.0.2 This is a bugfix release only - i.e. it fixes bugs with the 1.0.1
release, but contains no new features.  I expect this to be released before
the end of January (there's a long weekend at the very end here, so possibly
then).

  1.1a1 This is a first alpha release of the 1.1 branch.  There are a *lot*
of changes in 1.1 from the 1.0.x line - however, I do believe we are getting
close to finishing up adding the bits we wanted for 1.1, so it's probably a
good idea to get a release out reasonably soon that interested people can
test.  This is an alpha release, however, so is only for those willing to
test reasonably cutting edge stuff (although it has undergone a reasonable
amount of testing by the developers and other CVS users).  I expect that
this will be released about the same time as 1.0.2 (i.e. end of January).

What happens after that depends on how many problems with the alpha release
there are.  I hope that it will go something like:

  1.1a2    End of February.
  1.1b1    Mid-March.
  1.1rc1   End of March.
  1.1final Start of April.