[Spambayes] no spam caught

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 10 03:13:33 CET 2005

> I use Outlook [...]
>
> Re the message scoring, here is what comes up for one spam
> message (the total number of spam trained is higher than four
> - that was just one session)
[...]
> # ham trained on: 74
> # spam trained on: 4

The 4 here should be a total for all time, not per session.  If this number
ever goes down (without retraining from scratch, or correcting training
mistakes) then there's a problem somewhere.

> Combined Score: 100% (1)
> Internal ham score (*H*): 1.11022e-016
> Internal spam score (*S*): 1

This is saying that this is definitely spam - 100% is about as high as you
can get.  I'm guessing then that the problem is that messages that are being
scored as spam aren't being moved.  If you look at the Filtering tab of the
SpamBayes Manager dialog (from the SpamBayes button on the toolbar), are
certain spam messages set to move to a folder.  Is that folder the one you
are expecting?  (Click the Browse button next to the name to be sure).

=Tony.Meyer