[Spambayes] Re: Opportunity to exchange links with PR-8 site

Mathew Hendry TJLWBECGSGWU at spammotel.com
Wed Jan 12 19:20:50 CET 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:34:56 -0500, "Coe, Bob" <rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV> wrote:

>Am I reading this right? An exchange of links is being proposed by
>a purveyor of utilities aimed at spammers?? (What is "identity protected"
>email if not spam? And who else needs to spoof their IP addresses?)

Not necessarily. Anonymising tools have plenty of legitimate uses, even
against spammers. I myself use SpamMotel to produce proxy e-mail addresses
for use on newsgroups, mailing lists, shopping sites, and so on. Not for
full anonymity in this case - only to conceal my real e-mail address.

>And he has the gall to demand a bunch of conditions on your links. Amazing.

Aside from that, you'd think they'd be able to check against their
conditions themselves - simply by running a google search.

-- Mat.