Fwd: Re: [Spambayes] sb_service doesnt want to stay started

ApFel vbargsten at freenet.de
Sun Jan 16 01:24:16 CET 2005

Hi,
maybe this helps finding the problem:
C:\Programme\SpamBayes\bin>sb_service.exe
Services are supposed to be run by the system after they have been installed.
These command line options are available for (de)installation:
        -help
        -install
        -remove
        -auto
        -disabled
        -interactive
        -user: <arg>
        -password: <arg>

Connecting to the Service Control Manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "boot_service.py", line 166, in ?
pywintypes.error: (1063, 'StartServiceCtrlDispatcher', 'Der Dienstprozess konnte
 keine Verbindung zum Dienstcontroller herstellen.')

Dies ist eine weitergeleitete Nachricht
Von    : ApFel <vbargsten at freenet.de>
An     : spambayes at python.org
Datum  : Samstag, 8. Januar 2005, 16:28
Betreff: [Spambayes] sb_service doesnt want to stay started

===8<=================== Original Nachrichtentext ===================
Guten Tag Tony Meyer,

i attached a screenshot of the error message.
by "doesnt work" i mean that i get this error message immediatly after
pressing start. however, sb_service shows shortly on taskmanager.
in english the message means as said
the spambayes service was started on local computer and stoppped;
some services are automatically stopped when they are idling, like
alarm services and performance protocolling services.
the webinterface works normal (like everything else) when i start sb_server.exe
manually form the explorer.
nothing gets added when starting the service.
i even deleted the log files and only one spambayesservice1.log is
created with the mentioned content.

am Sonntag, 2. Januar 2005 um 06:41 schrieben Sie:

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
ApFel
mailto:vbargsten at freenet.de