[Spambayes] An unexpected Outlook error

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 17 02:44:50 CET 2005

> I keep getting the following error message from spambaes.
>
> Moving a message failed due to an unexpected Outlook error.
> Exception 0x80070057 (MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER).
> The parameter is incorrect.

What sort of store is this?  Local (pst) file, IMAP, Hotmail, Exchange, ...?
If a local store, try running the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst) over the file.
If it's IMAP, do you have any idea what type of IMAP server it is?

Does this happen for any message that SpamBayes tries to move?  What happens
if you don't move the messages - does everything work correctly then?  What
happens if you manually move a message that SpamBayes has already scored?

You could try turning off the "save spam info" option (see the configuration
guide) and see if that helps.

Could you send us a copy of a log file that covers a period when this
happens?

=Tony.Meyer