[Spambayes] "Delete as Spam" while the message is open.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 17 04:25:07 CET 2005

> I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if
> this is not a current feature of SpamBayes.

The latter.

> I am using SpamBayes 1.0.1 with Outlook XP, using a
> combination of Exchange Server and Pop3 accounts.  I
> can see the "Delete and Spam" button in the toolbar
> while I am viewing a particular folder of messages.
> However, once I open a message, I do not have the
> "Delete as Spam" button.  I must close the message
> before marking it as spam.
>
> It would be nice to review the message and then mark
> the message without having to close the message and
> then click "Delete as Spam" for every message that is spam.

There's an open feature request for this:

[ 744558 ] Add "Delete As Spam" button to Outlook inspector w
<http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=744558&group_id=61702&atid=
498106>

However, it was opened in May 2003 and hasn't been added yet...it's likely
that someone will get to it at some point, but I don't know when.

Feel free to add comments to the tracker linked above indicating that you
agree that this would be a good feature to have.  More "me too"'s will
increase the chance that someone will choose to implement it.

=Tony.Meyer