[Spambayes] Refresh rate

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 17 04:30:30 CET 2005

> On my new machine, the refresh rate when moving emails
> between folders is much slower when moving from Inbox to
> either "Junk" or "Suspects" or in response to clicking the
> "delete as spam" or "recover from spam" buttons. All other
[...]
> Is there any way to make the refresh immediate like it was on
> my old slower machine, or is it a timing issue that I'm stuck with???

This is a well known problem, but it's not clear what the cause is.  It
happens with Outlook 2002 and 2003, typically (always?) with Exchange.
Basically the move occurs (you can't do anything to the message, and other
views, eg OWA, will show the move), but Outlook fails to update.

My best guess is that we need to do something extra (and it appears
undocumented) to get Outlook to realise that it needs to update the display.
Unfortunately, no-one has been able to figure out what needs to be done.

There's an open bug report about this (although I can't see it right now,
I'm sure it's there) and if we do manage to find out what causes it we'll
definitely put in the fix.  For the moment, we're a little stuck, sorry.

=Tony.Meyer