[Spambayes] How does one stop the LOG FILE?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 18 22:24:30 CET 2005

> Can anyone tell me how to turn off the logging to a Log File
> in the Temp directory?

The only way is to run from source.

> I don't really need it routinely and it remains in TEMP forever.

I suppose "remains in TEMP forever" is technically correct, but it gives the
wrong impression.  There are 4 SpamBayes log files.  A new one is created
each time SpamBayes is started up - at that time the oldest log file is
removed.  So although you always have four logs there, they are continually
different, and should always be pretty small (unless you're getting a lot of
errors, or have changed the verbosity options).

You can, of course, run some sort of scheduled program to clear out your
temp directory at whatever interval you like.