[Spambayes] Using Spambayes on another machine that is part of aWin2000 Workgroup (Connection Refused)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 18 22:38:18 CET 2005

> I want to house my spambayes server on one machine
> "192.168.0.102", and use it to serve all teh other machines.
[...]
> When I try to do this, I get teh following error
>
> The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.iprimus.com.au',
> Server: '192.168.0.102', Protocol: POP3, Server Response:
> '-ERR Connection not allowed'
[...]

For security, SpamBayes only allows localhost connections by default.
You'll have to open up access - you can do this via the advanced
configuration page on the web interface.  You're after the options:

"Allowed remote POP3 connections"
"Allowed remote SMTP connections"
"Allowed remote UI connections"

(To allow connection from remote locations)

And possibly:

"HTTP Authentication" (note that Digest is broken in 1.0.1, but will be
fixed in 1.0.2)
"User name" (for the above authentication)
"Password" (ditto)

(It is also possible that the 192.168.0.102 machine is firewalled from the
others, but that's not something we can help with changing, other than
pointing out that it'll be ports 110 and 8880 that you're probably
interested in).