[Spambayes] I18N and L10N

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 18 23:01:07 CET 2005

> I can't figure out how to search the archives.

Google is the best bet.  Something like "site:mail.python.org spambayes my
search terms".

> Is there any internationalization and localization project
> around Spambayes?

There is a i18n effort being made for the upcoming 1.1 release.  The code
(in CVS) has been modified to make it a relatively straightforward task.  At
the moment there is a moderately complete French translation and a much-less
complete Spanish and Spanish-Argentina translation done.

> May I help translating Spambayes to Spanish?

Yes!  (The answer to just about any question starting with "may I help" will
be yes <wink>).

To start, the best thing would probably be to check out a copy of the
current CVS (<http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>).  In the README-DEVEL.txt
file in the top directory there are instructions for doing a translation
(these are new, like the rest of the effort, so advice about improving the
instructions is also appreciated).

Feel free to discuss the i18n effort on the development list:
spambayes-dev at python.org.  If you manage to do some work on it, you can
attach the results to trackers on the sourceforge project linked above, or
post them to spambayes-dev.

Thanks for the offer!

=Tony.Meyer