[Spambayes] 1.0.1 binary + Outlook 2003 SP1 run error

Matt Ross m.g.ross at herts.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 11:48:04 CET 2005

Up until recently I have been using 1.0RC2 on my old PC with Outlook 2003
SP1. It's been fine but now I'm moving to a new PC. I installed Outlook and
copied across all my settings and mail, as well as Spambayes
settings/databases. At this point I hadn't installed Spambayes and Outlook
loads fine, with the Spambayes toolbar still in place even though the
buttons do nothing.

Then I installed 1.0.1 and tried running it. Immediately Outlook complains
that the plugin has caused a problem and asks if I want to report it to
Microsoft. Next time I run Outlook it wants me to disable Spambayes. I
looked at the Spambayes log but it only contains two lines added at install
time [spambayes1.log]:

Registered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin
Registration complete.

Is this the correct log? Is there any way I can modify log verbosity in the
registry or an .ini file?

Since this failed attempt I have attempted uninstalling Spambayes and
Outlook, cleaned up all the files and registry entries for both and retried
the whole lot with no Spambayes configuration from the old PC. Same crash as
before. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt Ross