[Spambayes] junk suspects folder disapears

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 24 04:21:18 CET 2005

> I've got spambayes 1.0 installed on an XP pro (SP1) machine
> with office 2000. My problem is that the 'junk suspects' folder
> disapears every so often. I've re-installed it a number of times
> and it continues to happen. Have you heard of this yet? Any ideas
> as to why this is happening or how to prevent this?  Thanks for
> any light you can shed on this mystery.

I'm sure this isn't the answer you want, but every case that we've seen of
this has come down to user error (i.e. the user has accidentally deleted the
folder themselves).  This is a remarkably easy thing to do in Outlook,
however - I myself end up moving folders by mistake (usually there's a lag
and so a mouse click starts in the wrong place) every so often.

If you really can trace it to SpamBayes, we'd love to know :)  (We don't
delete anything, including folders, so it's pretty unlikely).