[Spambayes] Moving spam to the junk folder

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 25 23:53:46 CET 2005

> Since I've upgraded to Outlook 2003 and the newest
> Spam Bayes, when I send an email to the Junk folder
> by highlighting the email and clicking on "Remove as spam",
> the email stays in the Inbox until I go to Tasks or some
> other folder or to another program.  Is there someplace
> I need to check that I want the email moved to Junk immediately?

Actually, the move is carried out immediately, but Outlook doesn't update
the display.  It's quite common for people to experience this with both
Outlook 2002 and 2003 (always with Exchange, I think).

Annoyingly, we don't know what causes this (and it didn't use to happen, and
doesn't appear to be caused by something we are doing differently).  We are
looking into it, though, so hopefully will find a solution soon, and will
include that in an upcoming release.

For the moment, this doesn't actually cause any problems - your Outlook
display is just slightly out of date, which quickly resolves itself.