[Spambayes] Duplicate messages handled differently...?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 26 23:57:59 CET 2005

> Well, it did not take long to have the opportunity to check the
> "clues." I just received two messages (an eBay phishing spam). One
> moved to my review folder, the other to my spam folder. The messages
> appeared identical, and so as per your suggestion, I checked the
> "clues."
>
> To my surprise, they appear identical as well...

And they both scored 100%, which as spammy as you can get.  This means that
it's not a problem with correctly scoring the message, but with moving the
message to the spam folder.

Next time this happens could you grab a copy of your log file
(SpamBayes->SpamBayes Manager->Advanced->Diagnostics->View Log) and send us
a copy of that?  Either there will be an error or there should be clues in
the messages that are there that will let us figure out what's happening.