[Spambayes] IMAP problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jan 28 04:15:47 CET 2005

> Sorry for pestering, but any ideas on this?

Sorry I've been slow responding.  Busy time trying to get 1.0.2 out (and
then having to do 1.0.3).

>> Filtering's fine except that both spam and ham are left in
>> the INBOX.
>> I can  tell which is which by opening up my SUSPECT and
>> UNSURE folders
>> side-by-side with my INBOX, but with 300+ spam per day this
>> is a bit tedious <g>

So unsure/spam mail does get copied to the unsure/spam folders, but the
originals are left undeleted in the inbox?  Are they definitely not marked
as deleted?  (Some mailers show all mail, including that marked for
deletion).  If so, then to diagnose this I probably need a copy of the IMAP
conversation.  To get that, run sb_imapfilter.py with "-i4" and save the
output somewhere.  Then EDIT IT TO REMOVE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD from
the top and send it to me/the list.

>> Sometimes it does delete the spam from the INBOX, but never when
>> there's a  big batch (first thing in the morning). When
>> there's only a dozen or so  incoming, it may work properly, but
>> only sometimes.

I guess if it sometimes does delete it, then it's probably not a display
issue (unless your mailer is doing an expunge/purge and getting rid of the
copies).

[...]
> > don't know where to find my logs, if there are any.

Any 'log' type information is just output to the console, so if you're
running in a console window, then it will be there, otherwise it goes
nowhere.