[Spambayes] RE: 1.0.2 msvcr71.dll

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jan 28 05:46:40 CET 2005

> I tried installing 1.0.3, after uninstalling 1.0.2 of course,
> and it still doesn't work.

Hmm.  Perhaps this problem wasn't related to the mscvr7.dll problem (the
symptoms were different).

So does the install appear to go correctly and then the buttons in Outlook
simply don't work?  If so, could you check to see if Outlook has disabled
the plug-in if you are using 2002 or 2003 (Help->About Microsoft
Outlook->Disabled Items)?

If not, then there ought to be a log.  It gets put in the temp directory;
with XP this is C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp;
earlier versions of Windows tend to have it somewhere like C:\Windows\Temp.

> The buttons still appear in Outlook even after uninstalling. Any ideas?

The buttons still being there after uninstalling is a very old bug that we
simply haven't addressed yet.  See FAQ 3.16:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-uninstall-the-plug-in>