[Spambayes] Automatic filtering when Outlook starts problem

Will Pardy pcconsultin1 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 28 18:48:49 CET 2005

Still no luck.  Here is my log:

Warning: option experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment in section Classifier
is deprecated
Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\will\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\will\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 1656 spam and 208 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0.1 (November 2004) starting (with
engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)
using Python 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004, 21:17:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Archive Folders/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Personal Folders/Junk E-mail'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer

Previous coorespondence:

> The problem is that the "Enable SpamBayes" box (General tab of the
> SpamBayes Manager) IS ticked.  Also, the 'watched folders' list is my
> 'Inbox'.  Nevertheless, when I open Outlook, all Spam (and Ham), are
> displayed in my Inbox. I then have to manually click on:
> Spambayes -> Filter Messages... -> and then click on 'Start
> Filtering' to get spambayes to perform the filtering of messages.
> Once I do this, spambayes filters as expected.

What does your most recent log file have in it?  (SpamBayes->SpamBayes
Manager->Advanced->Diagnostics->View Log).

(Probably the most common reason for this would be that an invalid timer value
is set.  These are also on the Advanced tab - check that they are set to
reasonable values (the defaults are 2.0 and 1.0).

=Tony.Meyer

William S. Pardy
DELPHI/PBS    Psychotherapy Billing Software
Home Page:     www.delphipbs.com
Send an Email  wpardy at delphipbs.com
Phone (503) 977-3654