[Spambayes] Exception 0x80004005 (Unspecified error)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 31 06:49:33 CET 2005

> One user use spambayes 1.0.1 version on Windows 2000 sp4 and
> Office 2000 sp3. However, he will see the unspecified error
> when he start the outlook sometimes. He has to re do the
> configuration to fix the error. It may happen again the next
> day. Do you know how to fix it?

Is the 'Mailbox - Mitchell, Tony - SIN551/Inbox' folder a local one or one
an Exchange server?  If it's local, then it would be worth running the
"Inbox Repair Tool" (scanpst) over it to check it for errors.  A "Detect and
Repair" couldn't hurt, either.

If it is on an Exchange server, you could try giving another user access to
the folder (temporarily) and seeing if they can select it through SpamBayes.
If the same problem occurs, then the chances are high that it's something
specific to that folder (is there an Exchange repair tool?).