[Spambayes] Outlook 2003 - can't access folders of otherMailboxaccounts - Log

Harold Vandeventer Harold.Vandeventer at dpra.com
Mon Jan 31 23:24:11 CET 2005

I may have stumbled over a solution to this problem.

The PC is WinXP/SP2 with current "critical updates."  It is running
Office 2003 against Exchange 2003 mail store.

Outlook is configured to run in Cached mode.  This MIGHT be the key.

I noticed the Folder list had names such as the following:

Mailbox - <my name>
Mailbox - <other name 1>
Mailbox - <other name 2>
<other name 3>
<other name 4>

The key is the error occurs only for those names where "Mailbox -" is
displayed.  Drilling down on <other name 3> and <other name 4> to
specify filtering have been successful.

I modified the account to remove the entries for "Mailbox - <other name
1>" and "Mailbox - <other name 2>", finished that wizard and then added
them back.

This time, the string "Mailbox -" did not appear in the Outlook folder
list for name 1 and name 2.  Just the name appeared.

I was then successful in opening those folders to pick which folders
should be filtered.

Harold Vandeventer

Network Administrator
DPRA Incorporated