[Spambayes] upgrading from Fedora Core 3 to FC4 seems to have lostmy database

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jul 4 05:53:48 CEST 2005

> I'm using sb_server in proxy mode with KMail. After upgrading
> from Fedora Core 3 to Fedora Core 4, my database seems to have
> vanished.

I don't know what happens when you do that upgrade, so I can't be sure.
Guesses:

  1.  Did the contents of your home directory get copied/moved somewhere
new?  Maybe files that start with '.' didn't get copied/moved?

  2.  Are you using a new username?  If the home directory has changed, then
the old database won't be there.

  3.  Did the python version change?  I'm not sure how that would effect it,
but maybe it did.

=Tony.Meyer