[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] Good Morning

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 6 23:53:46 CEST 2005

> I was on your website FAQ page and couldn't find an answer to
> several questions:

Please ask questions like this on spambayes at python.org.  spambayes-dev is
for discussion about the development of spambayes.

> 1.	How do you get Spambayes to accept all those in your
> contact lists as "good", not as "suspect" spam without
> clicking on one suspect spam at a time?

This is called whitelisting.  See FAQ 6.6:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#why-don-t-you-add-whitelisting-blacklisting-t
o-spambayes>

> 2.	I have been trying over and over to train the software
> to accept an email address as good (ie., not suspect spam).
> I was clicking on "recover from spam", assuming this was what
> was telling the program that the email addy was ok.

SpamBayes isn't a whitelist/blacklist system.  Decisions aren't based on
addresses, they are based on statistical analysis of the entire mail.

If you don't understand why a message scores what it does, then take a look
at the clues for the message (the "clues" link in the web interface, the
"Show clues for this message" option in Outlook).  If you don't understand
after looking at the clues, then forward them to the list, and we will do
our best to explain it to you.

=Tony.Meyer