[Spambayes] My good messages are directed to the junk mail box

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 8 02:00:23 CEST 2005

> All of a sudden, after a year of good experience with
> spambayes, all of my good messages are directed to the
> junk mail box while many junk mail ends up in my "In" box.

The most important part of the log is probably this:

> Bayes database initialized with 5 spam and 536 good messages

SpamBayes works best with roughly even amounts of trained ham and spam.  You
have over a ratio of over 100::1, which is almost certain to cause problems.
Retraining from scratch is probably the best option.  There's lots of
information about training at <http://entrian.com/sbwiki/TrainingIdeas> if
you're interested.

> I tried to remove Spam Bayes using the Windows "Add/Remove",
> but it didn't remove it!!!

You probably mean that the toolbar wasn't removed.  This is a known bug; see
FAQ 3.16:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-uninstall-the-plug-in>

=Tony.Meyer