[Spambayes] X-Spambayes-Exception in classifier.py

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jul 13 07:17:30 CEST 2005

> Will a mismatch between hammie.db and
> spambayes.messageinfo.db cause the data corruption?

No.  The only thing that sb_server currently uses the messageinfo
database for is the "more statistics" display (and for knowing when to
'untrain' messages when using the review page to correct training, which
isn't applicable here since you're using sb_mboxtrain).

> BTW, I found that (accidentally) training the same message
> twice will increase the number of trained mail message count
> by 2 so this number in  fact may not reflect accurately the
> amount of real training.

This is still with sb_mboxtrain, I presume?  I don't use mboxtrain
myself, but I thought that it added a header to messages to ensure that
it doesn't train messages twice (unless this is overridden).  Did that
not happen?

By the "number of trained mail message count", do you mean the total
counts in the hammie.db database?  The one that, when it is wrong,
causes the exception?  It's the "total emails trained" count on the main
page of the web interface.  If so, then this should happen - if you
train the message twice, then all the tokens for the message will be
incremented twice and the total count should be incremented twice.
Perhaps I'm missing what you meant?

> Finally, I just found these error messages appearing
> <quote>
> error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel
> <spambayes.Dibbler._HTTPHandler connected at 0xb586ab8c>
> (socket.error:(32, 'Broken pipe')
> [/usr/lib/python2.3/asynchat.py|initiate_send|218]
> [/usr/lib/python2.3/asyncore.py|send|337])
> </quote>
> Quite a lot of them. Not harmful, I suppose?

I don't recall seeing this before, offhand.  At first glance, it looks
like problems with the connection to/from the local web interface
breaking.  If everything still works, then it should be ok.  If you're
concerned, open a bug report <http://sf.net/projects/spambayes> and
someone will look at it when they can (could be a while at the moment).

=Tony.Meyer